**Advanced reservations are encouraged as our hikes sell out quickly**
A 2-3 mile hike to Oakland's highest point, then further out along the ridge to look for planets and constellations in the sky.
Sunset: 5:45, 4-5 day crescent moon, hike to Redwood Peak, then in late twilight to the junction of West Ridge and Baccharis, for open sky views. Jupiter rising in the east.
- Easy: 1-3 miles, moderate to slow paced, along fairly level terrain
- Moderate: 4-5 miles with some hills, at a moderate pace
- Strenuous: 6-7 miles, hilly, at a moderate to moderately brisk pace
For All Hikes We Recommend
- Wear layers as the weather can change
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Bring a snack and water bottle